ST-EUSTACHE, QC – Defending Serie ACT Castrol Champion Patrick Laperle surged for his second win of 2012 at his home track of Autodrome St-Eustache, QC, on Saturday, July 28. Laperle had to fend off former champion Karl Allard in the closing laps, as well as point leader Jean-Francois Dery who was spoiled in search of his third win in a row on the Serie ACT Castrol.
Blainville, QC’s Jonathan Bouvrette lead the field to the green and ran away after a brutal wreck off the start that claimed the car of Gaetan Gaudrealt. Bouvrette’s lead was short-lived, however, as his mirror was filled with two-time Serie ACT Castrol Champion Donald Theetge, who dove underneath to steal the lead on lap 15.
Laperle methodically worked his way through the field from the 12th starting position, and found himself in a duel with Theetge after a lap 55 caution period. Laperle bested his rival, flying to the lead to the cheers of the hometown crowd. He momentarily lost the lead to Allard on lap 63, but gained it back to drive to a series-leading seventh career victory at Autodrome St-Eustache. Laperle left only eight of the nineteen-car starting line up on the lead lap.
Laperle sealed the win over Allard by just .591 seconds, who had his hands full with third-place Dery. Sainte-Croix’s Patrick Hamel took fourth, and Patrick Hamel rounded out the top five. Theetge, Stephane Descoste, Dany Trepanier, Gaetan Lauzier, and Yannick Tremblay completed the top ten.
The 200-lap event was completed in 1 hour 39 minutes and 13 seconds, and was slowed by 10 cautions. Laperle has already been invited to the Bond Auto ACT Invitiational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on September 22.
Serie ACT Castrol returns to action this Friday night at Autodrome Chaudiere in Vallee-Jonction, QC for the Chaudiere 150. Post time is 7:25pm.
St-Eustache 200 Unofficial Results
Serie ACT Castrol
Autodrome St-Eustache – St- Eustache, QC
Saturday, July 28 Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, # of lap
1. (12) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC 200 Laps
2. (6) Karl Allard, Saint-Felicien, QC 200 Laps
3. (11) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC 200 Laps
4. (8) Patrick Hamel, Sainte-Croix, QC 200 Laps
5. (14) Patrick Cliché, St-Jean-Chry., QC 200 Laps
6. (4) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC 200 Laps
7. (10) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC 200 Laps
8. (7) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC 200 Laps
9. (5) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacôme, QC 197 Laps
10. (3) Yannick Tremblay, Chicoutimi, QC 196 Laps
11. (16) David Michaud, St-An-des-Plns, QC 192 Laps
12. (9) Brandon White, Kahnawake, QC 187 Laps
13. (1) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC 186 Laps
14. (18) #Etienne Cliché, Vallee-Jonction, QC 179 Laps
15. (19) Rejean Bissonnette, St-Adele, QC 139 Laps
16. (2) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC 116 Laps
17. (15) Maxime Pelletier, Mascouche, QC 64 Laps
18. (13) Daniel Bergeron, St-Benoit, QC 32 Laps
19. (17) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC 0 Laps
Lap Leaders: Jonathan Bouvrette (1-14), Donald Theetge (15-55), Patrick Laperle (56-62), Karl Allard (63), Laperle (64-200)
Time of Race: 1:39:13
Margin of Victory: .591 seconds
Cautions:10 (Lap 0, 59, 64, 115, 134, 154, 163, 184, 186, 192)
Heat Winners: Karl Allard, Patrick Laperle