NORTH WOODSTOCK, NH – Wayne Helliwell, Jr. of Dover, NH dominated the White Mountain 150 at White Mountain Motorsports Park on Saturday, June 23, for his second career American Canadian Tour win. Helliwell led all 150 laps after starting on the pole and won uncontested.
Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. won a hard fought battle for the runner-up position, beating Eric Chase who completed the podium. Austin Theriault and Brian Hoar completed the top five after swapping paint several time over the final laps. Ray Parent, Brent Dragon, Jimmy Hebert, Ricky Rolfe, and Randy Potter rounded out the top ten.
Helliwell crushed the field, lapping all but the top eleven cars. The 150-lap event was completed in one hour and five minutes with eight cautions. Twenty-two of the 31 cars that took the green flag were on the track for the checkers.
It was Helliwell’s second career ACT win and his second win in three events. It will keep him atop the point standings just ahead of Polewarczyk who claimed his second straight runner-up finish and his fourth top five in the first five events.
Helliwell already qualified for the Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 22, with his Spring Green win at Devil’s Bowl Speedway in May. Other qualifiers to date include, Brian Hoar, Ben Ashline, Karl Allard, Donald Theetge and Nick Sweet.
The American Canadian Tour Late Model teams have the next month before heading to Beech Ridge Motor Speedway for the sixth event on the ten-event 2012 ACT schedule on Saturday, July 28. Many ACT teams will head to Oxford Plains Speedway on Sunday, July 22, for the Oxford 250.
White Mountain 150 Unofficial Results
American Canadian Tour
White Mountain Motorsports Park
North Woodstock, NH
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (2) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, 150 Laps
2. (12) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, 150 Laps
3. (3) Eric Chase, Milton, VT, 150 Laps
4. (9) Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, ME, 150 Laps
5. (8) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, 150 Laps
6. (4) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 150 Laps
7. (6) Brent Dragon, Milton, VT, 150 Laps
8. (11) #Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 150 Laps
9. (1) Ricky Rolfe, Albany Twp, ME, 150 Laps
10. (5) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH, 150 Laps
11. (19) Quinten Welch, Lancaster, NH, 150 Laps
12. (17) Brock Davis, Whitefield, NH, 149 Laps
13. (22) Travis Fadden, North Haverhill, NH, 149 Laps
14. (31) Jeffrey Labrecque Jr., Rochester, NH, 149 Laps
15. (10) Jamie Fisher, Shelburne, VT, 149 Laps
16. (13) #Ben Lynch, Derry, NH, 149 Laps
17. (7) Luke Hinkley, Claremont, NH, 149 Laps
18. (23) Bobby Therrien, Hinesburg, VT, 148 Laps
19. (21) Glen Luce, Turner, ME, 148 Laps
20. (16) Pat Floyd, Chester, NH, 148 Laps
21. (28) James Linardy, Somerville, MA, 147 Laps
22. (30) Spencer MacPherson, Carleton Place, ON, 147 Laps
23. (18) Mark Lamberton, Mooers Forks, NY, 139 Laps
24. (15) Joey Laquerre, E. Montpelier, VT, 112 Laps
25. (20) Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT, 36 Laps
26. (29) Rowland Robinson, Jr., Birch Harbor, ME, 36 Laps
27. (14) Ben Ashline, Pittston, ME, 35 Laps
28. (25) Kyle Welch, Newport, NH, 6 Laps
29. (27) Eric Williams, Hyde Park, VT, 6 Laps
30. (24) Todd Davis, Claremont, NH, 6 Laps
31. (26) Mike Kenison, Lancaster, NH, 6 Laps
Lap Leaders: Wayne Helliwell, Jr. 1-50
Time of Race: 1:05:08
Margin of Victory: 5.358 seconds
Cautions: 8 (Lap 6, 6, 18, 19, 37, 104, 104, 107)
Heat Winners: Jamie Fisher, Jimmy Hebert, Wayne Helliwell, Jr., Joey Polewarczyk, Jr.
Consi Winners: Ricky Rolfe, Randy Potter