March 16, 2012 – Multi-tasking has become a lot easier with Snap-on’s new D-TAC™ ELITE (EECS306C) diagnostic station. Service technicians can diagnose multiple problems with this device, which includes a diagnostic charger, battery, starting and charging system tester, engine starter, Digital Multi-meter (DMM), cable voltage drop tester and flash-reprogram device.
“The D-TAC™ Elite diagnostic station is a versatile machine that uses the most innovative and decisive methods to complete electrical work efficiently. The shop owner can give the customer a read-out of the vehicle test results and store service data,” said David Brekke, category manager for Snap-on. “This new system is durable and made of composite material that will not scratch a vehicle. It also provides visual and voice prompts in six languages that will guide technicians through the diagnostic process including English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch and German.”
The features and benefits of Snap-on’s D-TAC™ ELITE (EECS306C) include:
• Multi-tasking – once a diagnostic charge session has been started, the MicroVAT™ ELITE (top analyzer) can be removed from the charger and used to diagnose other vehicles while the charger continues to diagnose and charge the original battery
• Built-in-printer provides test results and custom shop information
• 3.5-inch large full color ¼-inch VGA Display – color icons and test result graphs
• Conductance and deep scan battery test technology with 150 amp load capability – clicking sound heard when load is applied
• Diagnostic charge cycle continuously monitors battery watching trends while maximizing charge acceptance, minimizing charge time
• Heavy Duty Ready – for more accuracy and capability, add amp clamp EECS306C-2 and cable drop set EECS306C-3
• Cable voltage drop test determines health of vehicle battery cables, with optional EECS306C-3 cables
• Digital Multi-meter – Low volt automotive, amps, ohms, diode and basic oscilloscope – Temperature via optional Snap-on probes or built-in infrared sensor
Customers can find out more about Snap-on’s D-TAC™ ELITE (EECS306C) by contacting their participating Snap-on franchisee or representative or by visiting www.snapon.com.
Courtesy Ray Lavender