MIRABEL, Que. (June 2, 2012) – The weather would not cooperate with the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series on Saturday at Circuit ICAR. A persistent rain all morning and afternoon forced the cancellation of qualifying for the ICAR Lucas Oil Grand Prix presented by Budweiser.
The race lineup, therefore, is determined by the series rule book which gives the pole position to defending series champion Scott Steckly with D.J. Kennington alongside.
A pair of practice sessions was held earlier in the day on a wet track, but NASCAR officials cancelled qualifying due to the possibility of unequal track conditions throughout the session.
Defending race champion Robin Buck, whose car suffered some damage in a practice crash is slated to start the race from the 15th position with two-time series champion Andrew Ranger, who has 11 series road-course victories to his credit, on the outside in the 16th starting spot.
Rookie Elie Arseneau, who posted the fastest lap in practice, starts 27th in the 29-car field.
The race is scheduled to take the green flag on Sunday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. ET.
NASCAR CANDADIAN TIRE SERIES – ICAR Lucas Oil Grand Prix presented by Budweiser
at Circuit ICAR
Lap Length: 2.113 miles
1. (22) Scott Steckly, Milverton, Ont., Dodge
2. (17) DJ Kennington, St. Thomas, Ont., Dodge
3. (84) JR Fitzpatrick, Cambridge, Ont., Chevrolet
4. (02) Kerry Micks, Mt. Albert, Ont., Ford
5. (60) Ron Beauchamp, Jr., Windsor, Ont., Dodge
6. (21) Jason White, Sun Peaks, B.C., Dodge
7. (3) Jason Hathaway, Dutton, Ont., Dodge
8. (55) Dexter Stacey, Kahnawake, Que., Dodge
9. (23) Jeff Lapcevich, Grimsby, Ont., Dodge
10. (5) Noel Dowler, Sherwood Park, Alta., Dodge
11. (07) Isabelle Tremblay, St. Hippolyte, Que., Dodge
12. (47) Louis-Philippe Dumoulin, Trois-Rivieres, Que., Dodge
13. (99) Steve Cote, Ile Bizard, Que, Chevrolet
14. (97) Hugo Vannini, Repentigny, Que., Ford
15. (66) Robin Buck, Campbellville, Ont., Dodge
16. (27) Andrew Ranger, Roxton Pond, Que., Dodge
17. (56) Howie Scannell Jr., Milton, Ont., Dodge
18. (10) Derek White, Kahnawake, Que., Chevrolet
19. (94) Dave Coursol, St. Jerome, Que., Dodge
20. (81) Larry Jackson, Oakville, Ont., Dodge
21. (90) Martin Roy, Napierville, Que, Dodge
22. (44) Jarrad Whissell, Calgary, Alta., Ford
23. (11) Mike Scholz, Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., Chevrolet
24. (29) Ray Courtemanche Jr., Montreal, Que., Dodge
25. (36) Alex Labbe, St. Albert, Que., Dodge
26. (04) J.F. Dumoulin, Trois-Rivieres, Que., Dodge
27. (03) Elie Arseneau, Laval, Que., Chevrolet
28. (82) Dave Connelly, Arnprior, Ont., Dodge
29. (85) Michel Pilon, Blainville, Que., Chevrolet
From Shon Sbarra / Integrated Marketing Communications