Performance Racing Industry (PRI) is bringing leading experts and professionals to the PRI Show in Indianapolis Dec. 7-9, 2023, to share strategies and technical skills that help participants build their businesses and improve on-track performance.
“The PRI Show is the perfect opportunity for motorsports professionals to build the foundation for future success,” said PRI General Manager Jim Liaw. “The PRI Show’s education programming will help attendees stay current on industry best practices and provide the tools, knowledge and expertise needed to achieve measurable results.”
The PRI Education program will offer 22 sessions in three tracks: EV & Alt Fuels, Business, and Technical. In addition, more than 30 seminars and workshops devoted to racetrack and race series operations and promotions will be located in the T.O.P.S. HQ.
“Our education sessions are designed to support participant activities both on and off the track,” said Karin Davidson, PRI Trade Show Director. “The sessions cover a wide variety of topics, including alternative fuels, digital advertising, race car aerodynamics, social media and much more.”
Presenters scheduled to appear include:
- Jennifer Carrio (social media expert)
- Jeanette DesJardins (CarChix.com)
- Gavin Knapp (SEMA Market Research Director)
- Bob Morreale (The Tuning School)
- Randy Neal (CWT Industries) and Dan Begle (MAHLE, engine harmonics and bearing wear)
- Mike Nuchols (Warrior Race Cars, dirt late model technology)
- Tom Shay (Profits Plus Solutions, business management expert)
- Lake Speed Jr., Billy Godbold, and Ben Strader (seminar on surface texture from camshafts to cylinder bores)
- Alex Striler (marketing expert)
Women in Motorsports Panel
One of the most popular education programs on the schedule, the Women in Motorsports Panel takes place on Friday, Dec. 8, at 10 a.m. in rooms 231-232. Moderator Jeanette DesJardins of CarChix.com will interview four women in the motorsports industry who are making a difference both on and off the track.
This year’s lineup includes two drivers and two industry professionals:
- Courtney Enders followed her sister Erica’s footsteps into the drag racing world, racing in Juniors and multiple classes in the NHRA Lucas Oil Sportsman Series in her teenage and early adult years. When Erica transitioned into the professional Pro Stock category, Courtney moved to the business side of the sport, handling public relations, social media, content creation, team management and sponsor relations for her sister’s team, Elite Motorsports. Today she hosts two podcasts and serves as an on-camera broadcaster with FloRacing.
- Mattie Graves is a 21-year-old diesel motorsports racer from Hollywood, Md., with several accomplishments on her resume, including current world record holder for quickest diesel-powered vehicle to the 1/8th mile (3.94 at 190 mph), the only female in the Outlaw Diesel Super Series Pro classes, 2023 ODSS Pro Dragster champion and five-time ODSS event winner (Pro Dragster class).
- Kathi Lauterbach is a veteran motorsports communications professional. She is entering her 12th season as Vice President of Communications with the Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing team of the NTT INDYCAR and IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship Series.
- Samantha Tan is a professional race car driver and owner of Samantha Tan (ST) Racing. A BMW M Motorsport Ambassador, Tan and her team made history at the 12 Hours of Mugello in Italy, capturing her first win overall, the first outright win in the 24H SERIES for reigning Overall GT Teams’ champion ST Racing, the first outright win for a Canadian team, and the first overall series win for a GT BMW since 2011.
All Education sessions are free for 2023 PRI Show attendees. All sessions can be found online at Find Sessions – 2023 Performance Racing Industry (mapyourshow.com)
The 2023 PRI Show will feature more than 1,000 exhibitors and 3,600 booths showcasing the latest products, services, machinery, simulation and testing technologies, and trailers for the racing industry in a single location. PRI encompasses all forms of motorsports and attracts attendees from all 50 states and all over the world, including professional race teams, retail shops, warehouse distributors, engine builders, fabricators, dealers, installers, jobbers and media. To register, visit PRI2023.com/Attend.
About Performance Racing Industry
Performance Racing Industry fuels the passion for motorsports by building, promoting and protecting the worldwide racing community. PRI supports the interests of racers, enthusiasts, builders, tracks, sanctioning bodies and businesses through legislative action and advocacy, its monthly business magazine Performance Racing Industry, and the world’s premier auto racing trade show, the PRI Trade Show. PRI also supports businesses by providing market research, education and best practices in motorsports business and racing technology. For more information, visit PerformanceRacing.com.