(London, ON) May 8, 2017 – Pete Shepherd III will be back behind the wheel this season running five events in two different divisions.
He will pilot the #4 Late Model in three APC Series races, and will also run two Outlaw Super Late Model shows later this Summer working with McColl Racing Enterprises.
“We are happy to put together a deal with Pete Shepherd Motorsports this summer, and we look forward to sharing success on the race track” McColl stated. Shepherd is thrilled with the opportunity at hand, and is excited to be in the cockpit once again. “It’s a very exciting time to be racing Late Models and Super Late Models. The APC series is growing fast, they have great car counts, and it’s a very competitive field.”
Shepherd will make his APC Series debut at Delaware Speedway during Canada Day weekend, Saturday July 1st.
“We will have a brand new McColl car, so I am confident that I will have the tools I need to be successful. Mike and I have always worked well together, so working in conjunction with him will be an easy transition for me to make, he puts together a great program and I am happy we got this deal together.”
Pete has also announced that his sponsor over the past fourteen seasons, National Exhaust Systems Inc., will be on board again this season.
“Tom Baker from National Exhaust is such a huge contributor to Stock Car racing in this country! As a team, Tom and I have shared a lot of great moments on the track. We are hopeful to share a few more this year and put National Exhaust back into Victory Lane.”
Shepherd will also run the Twin 75 Lap Features at the brand new Jukasa Speedway and the Outlaw Super Late Model race over the two day event August 26th and 27th. Flamboro Speedway’s Gold Rush (August 21st) will be his debut in a MRE prepared Outlaw Super Late Model.
“Flamboro Speedway is, and always will be, a special place for me. It has been over 12 years since I have raced there.”
To keep up to date with Pete Shepherd III race events this summer please visit: www.peteshepherdmotorsports.com
To get involved with Pete Shepherd Motorsports this summer, please email email@example.com, for our marketing opportunities and sponsorship packages. For PR inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pete Shepherd Racing Highlights:
• Won 5 NASCAR Pinty Series races in three seasons (24 Career Starts)
• Was a finalist on the reality TV show Discovery Channel’s Roush Racing Driver X Show (Finished in the final 6 out of over 1500 drivers)
• Signed with Roush Fenway Racing 2005-2008 in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
• Competed in the ARCA Series, USAC Silver Crown Series, qualified for the XFINITY Series
• Raced for Carl Edwards RE Technologies Racing in the USAC Silver Crown Series
• 2005 Inside Track Up and Coming Race Car Driver of the Year
• 2004 CASCAR Super Series Rookie of the Year Winner
• Over 75 Career Late Model Stock Car Wins