@OfficialMOPAR • @IHRA • @GBMotorplex • NORWALK, Ohio (August 11, 2015) – The International Hot Rod Association™ (IHRA) Nitro Jam tour is returning to Grand Bend Motorplex after rain forced the event to be postponed in June. Sunny skies are in the forecast for this weekend and there will be plenty of drag racing action taking place over the course of two days.
The professional classes will include: AMSOIL Nitro Funny Car presented by Aeromotive, Nitro Harley, Pro Modified, Pro Stock, Jet Dragsters and Top Fuel. The Summit Pro-Am Series racers will also run in conjunction with the professional classes and compete for Ironman’s in Grand Bend, Ontario. In addition, the ever-popular Harley Destroyer’s will be on-site to compete on the quarter-mile dragstrip.
With only three events remaining on the 2015 Nitro Jam schedule, the competition is fierce and every point counts towards becoming the IHRA World Champion. Every class championship is up for grabs as teams head into the Mopar Nationals presented by Williams Racing. Jason Ruppert is enjoying the best lead with 87 points over Mike McIntire Jr. after winning four Ironman trophies in a row. Pro Stock has the tightest championship battle as only 34 points separate Cary Goforth from leader John Montecalvo.
The Mopar Nationals presented by Williams Racing takes place August 15 – 16, 2015 at one of Canada’s premiere racing facilities. Grand Bend Motorplex is located just a few miles from the shores of Lake Huron on 407-acres in Huron County off of 407.
Did you know?
- Bruce Litton will return to the Mopar Nationals presented by Williams Racing fresh off his latest Top Fuel win at the Mopar Rocky Mountain Nationals in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The four-car Top Fuel entry list includes: Litton, Paton Racing, Bob Leverich and Jeff Veale.
- A strong AMSOIL Nitro Funny Car presented by Aeromotive field is expected to return for round two of the Mopar Nationals presented by Williams Racing. Driver entries include: Jason Rupert, Mike McIntire Jr., Tim Boychuk, “Mr. Explosive” Mark Sanders, Steve Nichols, Shawn Bowen, Gary Kraus and “Bullet” Bob Floch.
- The Dragon’s Fyre Jet Truck will make its first Canadian appearance this weekend. The beautiful 1949 Ford pick-up truck is powered by a General Electric J-85 after-burning turbot jet engine and is operated by David Modder.
- This weekend marks the 10thNitro Jam drag racing event of the season and the final appearance in Canada during the 2015 season. Two events remain after the Mopar Nationals presented by Williams Racing – San Antonio Nationals, September 25 – 26 and the World Finals at Memphis International Raceway, October 9 – 10.
- Testing will take place at Grand Bend Motorplex on Friday, August 14 for the professional and sportsman classes. Pros from 1 – 4 p.m. and sportsman from 4 – 7 p.m.
- Tickets from the June event will be honored this weekend. Fans must show their wristband or receipt at the gate in order to attend the rescheduled Nitro Jam.
Friday, August 14
- Racer Gate Credentials Open 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Professional Testing 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Sportsman Testing 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday, August 15
Racer Gate Credentials Open 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Summit Sportsman Qualifying 9:30 a.m.
Nitro Jam Qualifying Rd 1 3 p.m.
Summit Sportsman Eliminations After qualifying
Nitro Jam Qualifying Rd 2 5 p.m.
Summit Sportsman Eliminations After qualifying
Nitro Jam Qualifying Rd 3 8 p.m.
Sunday, August 16
Racer Gate Credentials Open 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
Summit Sportsman Eliminations 9:30 a.m.
Pre-race Ceremony 11:15 a.m.
Nitro Jam Eliminations Rd 1 11:30 a.m.
Summit Sportsman Eliminations After Rd 1 NJ
Nitro Jam Eliminations Rd 2 1:30 p.m.
Summit Sportsman Eliminations After Rd 2 NJ
Nitro Jam Eliminations Rd 3 3:30 p.m.
Tickets to the 2015 Mopar Nitro Jam Nationals presented by Williams Racing at Grand Bend Motorplex can be purchased online or at the gate on the day of event. For more information, please visit www.nitrojam.com, www.grandbendmotorplex.ca or call (519) 238-7223.
About IHRA Motorsports: The International Hot Rod Association™ (IHRA) promotes professional and sportsman racing for drivers of all levels. Headquartered in Norwalk, Ohio, the IHRA sanctions more than 100 motorsport facilities in the United States and Canada and has more than 12,000 racers as members. The Nitro Jam Drag Racing Series stars the fastest, loudest and meanest race machines on the planet with 12 events a year. The IHRA also oversees multiple sportsman racing programs including the Summit Racing Equipment Pro-Am Tour presented by AMSOIL, Summit Racing Equipment SuperSeries presented by AMSOIL, and Summit Racing Equipment Tournament of Champions presented by AMSOIL. Owned and operated by IRG Sports + Entertainment™, the organization also publishes the monthly Drag Review Magazine which is distributed to its members and partners. For more information, visit www.IHRA.com, www.NitroJam.com or connect with us on Facebook/NitroJam or Twitter @IHRA.