SANTA ANA, CA – Yokohama Tire has added a new motorsports tire to its lineup, the ADVAN® A055. “The A055 is a max-grip, flat-out fast tire,” said Drew Dayton, Yokohama’s senior product planning manager, consumer tires. “It is purpose built for on-track racing with impressively fast lap times and continues Yokohama’s decades-long legacy of UHP and motorsports tires.”
Highlights of the A055 include:
– Maximum grip is achieved by an advanced motorsports compound that provides outstanding dry grip for extreme cornering, braking and acceleration on the track. Also, symmetric alternating twin grooves maximize the contact patch to increase dry track performance.
– Ultimate handling comes from the motorsports construction which features an ultra-high turn up that increases stiffness for enhanced cornering.
– Consistent performance is produced by a rounded profile which quickly transitions from straight-line sprints to high-speed cornering for predictable handling.
– Race ready tires thanks to the optimized tread depth and design which eliminates the need for shaving.
For more on Yokohama’s motorsports tires, visit www.yokohamatire.com/motorsports.
ABOUT: Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing an extensive sales network throughout the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, and commercial truck and bus. For more information on Yokohama’s broad product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com and www.yokohamatruck.com.
- From Bill Groak, Kovel Fuller, 310-841-4417, email@example.com