@dumoulindc •@jf_dumoulin •@spectrapremium •@NASCARHomeTrack •#NASCAR Pintys Series •Boucherville (Quebec, Canada), December 17, 2016 – Earlier this evening, Jason Best, Senior Vice President, Aftermarket, Spectra Premium and Jean-François Dumoulin, in the presence of more than 700 Spectra Premium employees, took to social media to announce a two-year partnership. The culmination of negotiations that began in September, this partnership will see the #04 Spectra Premium/Bernier Crépeau/Groupe Bellemare/MIA/Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi car on track across Canada for a minimum of ten of the scheduled 2017 NASCAR Pinty’s Series races.
A first meeting in 2014 set the stage for a synergy of goals and values for Jason Best and Jean-François Dumoulin that led to the realization of a business affiliation in 2015 and a first appearance for the new partners at the most coveted event of the season, the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières. During the 2016 season, Spectra Premium partnered with Jean-François to participate in six NASCAR Pinty’s Series events. For the 2017 and 2018 seasons, this formidable partnership will focus on maximizing logistical and mechanical achievements in collaboration with crew chief Robin McCluskey (three road circuits, seven oval circuits – details on page 4).
“We are honored to extend our relationship with Jean-François Dumoulin for the next two NASCAR Pinty’s Series race seasons,” said Jason Best, Senior Vice President of Spectra Premium Industries. “While working with Jean-François last season we saw that he rapidly became an excellent ambassador for our company, which we are very pleased will continue in the future. In addition, we are confident that through the development of a Spectra Premium racing radiator, we will proudly showcase our company’s engineering and manufacturing capabilities as well as the differentiation and quality of our products.”
“A major two-year partnership is a first for me and, from the onset of this relationship I wear the Spectra Premium colors with great pride. This agreement, in conjunction with our other partners who have supported us for so many years not only enables us to take part in more events, but it allows us to think differently about our objectives. In 2017 we will be competing in the first three races of the season, at Toronto, in western and eastern Canada and of course, at the Grand Prix Trois-Rivières; it will be a great experience for the entire team,” said an enthusiastic Jean-François, driver of the #04 Spectra Premium/Bernier Crépeau/Bellemare Group/MIA/Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi.
Development of a Racing Radiator
Throughout the 2016 season, Spectra Premium engineers worked closely with Dumoulin Compétition crew members to develop a specially-designed racing radiator. Jean-François Dumoulin went to the AutoZone National Sales Meeting in Memphis, Tenessee (USA) last September for the unveiling of the first Spectra Premium racing radiator prototype. “Working with an advanced team like Spectra Premium is really motivating and rewarding. Improvements to the prototype are still ongoing and we look forward to performance testing on the track in the near future,” explained Jean-François Dumoulin.
NASCAR Pinty’s Series: New for 2017
The first start of the 2017 season will take place on May 21st on the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park track (The Victoria Day Speedfest).
At the unveiling of the 2017 calendar on December 8, 2016, the series also announced the following changes:
· The layout of the Circuit ICAR track (July 8 – Mirabel, Quebec) will be modified and it will be now be a one-day event with the race scheduled to take place in the evening.
· The trip to western Canada will include three events instead of two: the oval track at Wyant Group Raceway (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) will host two separate races of 100 laps each, both scheduled to take place on July 25, 2017.
NASCAR Pinty’s Series – 2017 Season
* Jean-François Dumoulin is currently scheduled to participate in the races shown in bold.
· May 21: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park canadiantiremotorsportpark.com
· June 3: Delaware Speedway delawarespeedway.com
· June 17: : Autodrome Chaudière autodromechaudiere.ca
· July 8: Circuit ICAR circuiticar.com
· July 15: Honda Indy Toronto hondaindytoronto.com
· July 25: Wyant Group Raceway 1 wyantgroupraceway.ca
· July 25: Wyant Group Raceway 2 wyantgroupraceway.ca
· July 29: Edmonton International Raceway edmontonraceway.com
· August 13: Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières gp3r.com
· August 19: Riverside International Speedway riversideinternationalspeedway.com
· September 3: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Clarington 200 canadiantiremotorsportpark.com
· September 9: St-Eustache 250 autodrome.ca
· September 16: Kawartha 250 kawarthaspeedway.com
“Passion – Performance – Partnerships”
Spectra Premium Industries is a privately held company headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. Spectra Premium is a team of more than 1,300 dedicated employees that specializes in auto parts manufacturing and distribution. The Company owns and operates four manufacturing plants and 17 warehouses. With its international distribution networks and unparalleled customer and after sales service, Spectra Premium is the automobile manufacturers’, auto technicians’ and handymen’s choice for reliable, quality parts and automotive systems. Trust your vehicle to Spectra Premium. www.spectrapremium.com
Bernier Crepeau Chrysler Fiat: With 25 years of experience, the family business has built an enviable reputation in the field of vehicle acquisition. If the future of this company is linked to the loyalty of its customers, it is also held by the reliability and strong communication of its team. This team is at your disposal, ready to listen to you, to hear you. Passion, care, and determination. A team willing to go the extra mile, with its ears wide open. http://www.berniercrepeau.com/.
Group Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare’s innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
MIA – Motorsports In Action: With over 50 years of combined Motorsport experience, MIA is making a name for itself in the industry in “La Belle Province”. Being trackside, situated at Autodrome St-Eustache, gives our clients “real time” results, testing their vehicles. One stop shopping is our strength, from high-end mechanics, exotic automotive maintenance, complete race car building and design to prestige paint and meticulous detailing. “Leave it, then enjoy it!” http://motorsportsinaction.com.
Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi is proud to be one of the first Mitsubishi dealers in Canada (opening in 2002). The commitment from Mitsubishi is defined by the quality, reliability and durability of its vehicles, notably with their 10-year warranty, the best in the industry! Pride, integrity and respect are the values of the Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi team. www.troisrivieresmitsubishi.com
The holiday season is a time filled with a unique meaning for each of us.
A footprint shaped by our childhood, our personal experiences and emotions.
Our wish to you for this holiday season is that it be a happy one:
· That you experience the happiness of coming together and sharing precious moments,
· That you cherish the happiness of celebrating personal and professional accomplishments achievements from past the years, including the 2016,
· And above all … that your holiday filled with happiness.
FEATS AND HIGHLIGHTS – JEAN-FRANÇOIS DUMOULIN
· First podium in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series on May 17, 2015 (3rd place – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)
· The first Quebec-born driver to win twice the Rolex 24 in Daytona; 2004 (SGS and 2007 (GT).
· Caught the attention of the renowned Player’s Driver Development Program scout (Formula Ford and Formula Atlantic), became one of the youngest drivers ever to be recruited, and was touted as a strong contender for the championship title in Formula Ford (1996 and 1997 seasons).
· Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge GS, USA in 2003 (9 podiums).
· Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sport Car Challenge ST, USA in 2002 (5 podiums).
· In Montreal’s 2009 edition of Nascar Nationwide, he finished his first race in 7th position aboard a badly damaged car and won the hearts of numerous fans and reporters.
· In 2000, he was the Motorola Cup Series Vice-Champion, during a season that included a 1st place podium finish after having begun the race in 52nd position at theMolson Indy event in Ontario, Canada.
· Spectra Premium : www.spectrapremium.com
· Bernier Crépeau Chrysler Fiat : www.berniercrepeau.com
· Groupe Bellemare : www.groupebellemare.com/
· MIA – Motorsports In Action : http://motorsportsinaction.com/
· Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi : www.troisrivieresmitsubishi.com
· Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières : http://www.gp3r.com/
· Circuit ICAR: circuiticar.com
· Wyant Group Raceway: wyantgroupraceway.ca
· Dumoulin Compétition : www.dumoulincompetition.com
· NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
· Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
· Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @jf_dumoulin / @DumoulinLP
· Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Jessica Ménard, Ph.D., Les Équipes Caissie-Ménard inc., email@example.com, 819 448-6514 (Voicemail)
Paul Corbeil, Agent Certifié NHLPA Certified Agent, PARAPHE sports-management, 819 696-2768 (Voicemail)