Isabelle Tremblay is a Formula Woman finalist for 2022, representing Canada in the international Formula Woman competition. She departs Canada on February 26 to attend the competition, which will see four ‘grand prize’ winners drive one of the two McLaren 570S GT4s sponsored by McLaren Customer Racing at the GT Championship in the UK, in 2022.
Approximately 50 women have been chosen out of more than 800 applicants to take part in the next stage, on March 2 & 3. The contest will be based on reflex and mental performance tests, technical test on the DATA, simulator, media interviews, karting competition at PF International, and a driving evaluation on the Croft circuit, as well as a surprise test. Everything will be evaluated, including social media and media relations. There will be no shortage of action.
At the end of Day 2, 15 finalists will be identified to go onto Day 3 and the final competition made up of 10 remaining finalists. These individuals will stay in the country and will have a five-day break and will then leave for the grand finale which will take place at a destination still unknown in northern Europe.
Always active and constantly developing every aspect of the competition, Isabelle is very conscious of the importance of the best possible preparation and would like to thank the many people that have helped her with her preparation and for their support. They include:
- Sabine Tyrvainen who raced in the Formula Woman competition in 2005 and who is a High Performance Psychologist and expert coach in mental preparation. Sabine trains professional drivers as well as Olympic athletes, co-author of ‘The Winner’s Bible’ German edition. The book was originally written by her long-term mentor and business partner F1 Neuroscientist and New Zealander, Dr. Kerry Spackman. International number 1 bestseller.
- Kuno Wittmer professional driver LMP3 driver. Factory McLaren driver 2019-2020
2019 IMSA Michelin Pilot challenge with 570s – 1 victory -2020 ongoing development in the 570s
2021 IMSA Michelin Pilot challenge – 5th in driver points – 2 victories
He said: “Isabelle has the determination and passion that showcases what a driver in Motorsport is all about. Hard work is key to success in this industry.”
- Claude Bourbonnais is also supportive of Isabelle’s efforts.
Isabelle is surrounded by professionals, including a fitness coach, driver coach, mental coach and other Canadians who believe in her goals. This support has permitted Isabelle to learn the importance of the basics, as well as the elite aspects of the sport, which she hopes to pass on to others down the road.
Top Karting – Vaillant AutoSports
- Top karting allows her to train inside karting close from home and will always be thankful to VAS and his partners who help her to pass the first step last November.
- Petrolheadnism.club Petrolheadonism.Club is a growing community for all Petrolhead’s and all aspects of the motoring world – from immersive Events to Motorsport, from Classics to Supercars – bring people together who have a shared passion. With a growing following of women in our community we believe the success and wider exposure of Formula Woman will encourage a new generation of Petrolhead!
And SPECIAL THANKS to McLaren Montréal
Isabelle is grateful for the support of McLaren Montréal and wishes particularly to mention Adrienne McGrath who as a woman understands her vision, her desire to drive and, above all, understands her mission, which is to demonstrate that even when you are a woman and no matter what your age, it is possible to achieve your goal.
If you have any requests, Isabelle will be available by e-mail, only, at email@example.com. You can follow Isabelle’s journey in the UK on Instagram at @formulawoman_isabelle and on Facebook at FormulaWomanIsabelle