The Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame (CMHF) is pleased to announce their sixth annual Celebration of Speed, which will take place on Monday, August 1, 2016 with a track day and ride-along program at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park on the Mosport Grand Prix circuit.
The Celebration of Speed is open to the general public on a first come, first served basis. Anyone and everyone over ten years of age are welcome and encouraged to participate in this rare and exciting opportunity.
Enthusiasts and the general public have the opportunity to experience the ride of their lives in some very exciting automobiles with some very well-known racing car drivers. Ride-Along tickets will be available at the track for a nominal cash donation of $25 for one session of three laps or $60 for three sessions of three laps each.
Both race cars and road cars are also welcomed to participate in the track day which costs $325 per car. Two drivers may share one car. Class and in-car instruction will be available. Helmets will be provided for the ride-along program. Track day participants are asked to bring their own helmets. Track day registration is available online at braidanmotorsport.com or in the paddock at the Braidan Motorsport trackside shop. For additional information, please visit the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame website at cmhf.ca or contact the event co-ordinators.
All proceeds from this event will go to help support the Canadian Motorsport Heritage Foundation which operates the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame, a charitable organization founded in 1993 which works tirelessly to preserve and promote Canada’s rich motorsport history and heritage.
Ride-Along’s will be available in a variety of sports and exotic cars including:
• 1975 BMW 2002
• Audi R8 and R8 GT
• Audi RS4 Cabriolet and RS4 race car
• BMW M3
• Bob Bondurant Mustang Cobra
• Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
• Chevrolet Corvettes including a Z06
• Porsche 911 GT2 and GT3
• Porsche Cayman S and GT4
• Subaru WRX STI
• Toyota Scion FR-S
• 1967 Acadian Canso
• Two other rare cars that may be in attendance include an Ariel Atom and a Radical sports racing car.
Additional Ride-Along cars may be added by the event timeframe.
Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame inductees who will be in attendance include:
• Ron Fellows – 24 Hours of Daytona co-winner, American Le Mans Series GTS class champion, three-time 24 Hours of Le Mans GTS class winner and 12 Hours of Sebring GTS class winner.
• Ludwig Heimrath – Canadian Sports Car Racing champion, the second Canadian driver to race in Formula 1, two-time SCCA Trans-Am champion and a participant of the 12 Hours of Sebring, 24 Hours of Daytona and IndyCar series.
• Ralph Luciw – a competitor, builder and significant contributor to Canadian motorsport including his role as the founder of the highly successful Honda-Michelin Challenge series.
This event will take place rain or shine from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with ride-along registration opening at 8:00 a.m. in the paddock. There will be a drivers meeting in the classroom at 8:30 a.m., which all track day lapping participants and ride-along drivers must attend.
Food, refreshments and fuel will be available at the track. Event sponsors include Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, MAVTV, Braidan Motorsport and Pace Motorsport.