DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (June 11, 2013) – The NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 makes its annual visit to Delaware (Ont.) Speedway for the first oval-track race in 2013. The EMCO 200 is set to take the green flag at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, June 15.
Below is a statistical look at the recent performance of selected drivers at Delaware, as well as some other statistical trends:
Delaware Speedway Race Setup-
·D.J. Kennington has been dominant in winning three of the four Delaware races and leading a series-best 392 laps which is 47.7 percent of the total laps run.
·Scott Steckly has three top-five finishes in four starts at the track with an average finish of 5.8 and runner-up finishes in each of the last two seasons.
·Jason Hathaway has top-10 finishes in each of his last three Delaware starts with his best finish of third coming a year ago.
·Points leader L.P. Dumoulin has just one Delaware start – 10th-place finish in 2012 – under his belt.
NASCAR Canadian Tire Series At Delaware Speedway:
·This is the series’ fifth visit to the half-mile oval in Southern Ontario.
·Dodge has earned all four wins and starts from the pole.
·There has been an average of 8.5 caution periods for an average of 65 laps in the four prior races with the earliest coming at Lap 2 in 2010 and the latest at Lap 210 in 2009 during attempts at a green-white-checkered finish.
·The average starting position of the winner is 3.5, while the pole sitter has an average finish of ninth.
·The most laps led by a race winner are 130 by D.J. Kennington in 2010 and the fewest is 46 by Don Thomson Jr. in 2011.
·There has been an average of 10.25 lead changes in the four events.
·Two of the four events have gone beyond the 200-lap advertised distance, but each of the last two races ended at the scheduled 200-lap mark.
·The race’s television premieres are scheduled for Sunday, June 23 at 1 p.m. ET on TSN and Monday, July 8 at 9 p.m. ET on RDS2.
Delaware Speedway Data:
Race: #2 of 12 (6/15/13)
Track Layout: Half-mile paved oval
Race Length: 200 laps (100 miles)
1-Lap Qualifying: Mark Dilley, Dodge, 19.133 seconds, 94.078 mph, June 6, 2009
200-Lap Race: D.J. Kennington, Dodge, 1 hr., 22 min., 15 sec., 72.948 mph, June 23, 2012
D.J. Kennington ………………………….. 3
Don Thomson Jr. …………………………. 1
D.J. Kennington ………………………….. 2
Mark Dilley …………………………………. 1
Pete Shepherd III …………………………. 1
D.J. Kennington ……………………….. 392
J.R. Fitzpatrick …………………………. 156
Mark Dilley ……………………………….. 61
Selected Driver Information:
Ron Beauchamp Jr. (No. 60 Mopar/Exide/Pennzoil Dodge)
· Finished 11th last season in the EMCO 200.
· Scored a career-best Delaware finish of second in 2009.
· Has three top-10 finishes in four starts at the Ontario oval.
· Has competed 818 of the possible 822 laps at Delaware.
· One of four drivers to start all 76 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series races.
Mark Dilley (No. 02 Leland/Beyond Digital Imaging/Dickies Ford)
· Finished seventh a season ago at Delaware; his best finish in four starts.
· Has led a total of 61 laps on the half-mile oval.
· Holds the 1-lap qualifying track record for the series at 19.133 seconds (94.078 mph) set on June 6, 2009.
· Has posted top-10 finishes in three of his last four series starts dating back to last season.
· Has three career series wins with the last on Sept. 10, 2011 at Barrie Speedway.
Noel Dowler (No. 5 EMCO/Praxair/Safety Kleen Dodge)
· Finished ninth last season at Delaware in his only start at the track.
· Has scored a top 10 in three of his last four series starts dating back to last season.
· Posted a third-place finish last season at Barrie (Ontario) Speedway for his first series top five.
L.P. Dumoulin (No. 47 WeatherTech Canada/Bellemare Dodge)
· Scored a 10th-place finish in his Delaware Speedway debut last season.
· Registered his first Canadian Tire Series victory in the season opener on May 19 on the road course at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
· Scored his first career pole win last season at Trois-Rivieres, Quebec.
· Was the 2011 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series Rookie of the Year.
· Made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut on Aug. 20, 2012 at Montreal’s Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
J.R. Fitzpatrick (No. 84 Equipment Express Chevrolet)
· Settled for a 14th-place finish last year in the EMCO 200 after a brake line problem scuttled a race in which he led 92 laps.
· Scored a Delaware-best finish of second in the 2010 race.
· Also finished fifth in the 2011 EMCO 200.
· Has led 156 laps at the Southern Ontario half-mile track.
· Seven of his eight career series wins have come on road courses – CTMP (3), Edmonton (2) and Montreal (2); his oval track win came in July 2007 at Motoplex Speedway.
Jason Hathaway (No. 3 Snap-on Tools/Rockstar Energy Drink Dodge)
· Finished third last year at Delaware; his best finish in four starts.
· Has recorded three straight top-10 finishes at Delaware.
· One of four drivers to start all 76 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series races.
D.J. Kennington (No. 17 Castrol Edge/Mahindra Tractors Dodge)
· Won last year’s EMCO 200 from the pole position.
· Also won Delaware events in 2009 and 2010.
· Finished third in the 2011 edition of the EMCO 200.
· In four Delaware outings, starts from an average position of 1.8 and averages a 1.5 finishing position.
· Has led a series-best 392 laps at the Ontario oval; 47.7 percent of the laps run.
· Tops the all-time Canadian Tire Series wins list with 18.
· Won 2010 and 2012 series championships.
· Scored a single-season series record of seven wins in 2012.
· One of four drivers to start all 76 NCATS races.
Jeff Lapcevich (No. 76 Tim Hortons Dodge)
· Placed 19th a year ago at Delaware.
· Scored a track career-best finish of third in the 2010 Delaware race.
· Has posted a top-10 finish in 10 of his last 13 series starts dating back to the 2011 season.
· Changed car number to 76 from 23 to honor the passing of his father, Joe, earlier this year.
Steve Mathews (No. 15 Bill Mathews Motors Ford)
· Finished 17th last year in the EMCO 200.
· Posted a track-best finish of fourth in the 2011 Delaware event.
· Has two series career pole wins – Kawartha (2011) and Barrie (2012).
Martin Roy (No. 90 Batteries Expert/Gamache Dodge)
· Registered a 12th-place finish in last year’s EMCO 200 in his only start at the track
· Won 2012 series Rookie-of-the-Year honors.
Pete Shepherd III (No. 7 National Exhaust Dodge)
· Was fifth in last year’s edition of the EMCO 200
· Finished fifth in his series track debut in 2010 at Delaware.
· Started from the pole in the 2011 Delaware race.
· Has top-five finishes in his last three Canadian Tire Series starts dating back to last season.
Scott Steckly (No. 22 Canadian Tire/Johnsonville Dodge)
· Scored a runner-up finish a year ago at Delaware.
· Finished second in the 2011 EMCO 200 and third in 2009.
· Has led 60 laps in four Delaware Speedway starts.
· His 11 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series victories rank third on the all-time list.
· Won 2008 and 2011 series championships.
· One of four drivers to start all 75 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series races.
Jason White (No. 21 Bowers & Wilkins Dodge)
· Finished sixth in last year’s EMCO 200; his best finish in four visits to Delaware.
· Placed 10th in the 2011 Delaware race.
· Was 2008 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series Rookie of the Year.
Contact: Shon Sbarra/ Integrated Marketing Communications