Concord, ON – CASC-OR held its annual general meeting on November 12. During that meeting, one of the positions that were up for election was the Director of Karting, as the outgoing director Robin Buck was not returning following his two-year term.
CASC-OR is happy to announce that the very experienced Scott Fletcher will be the new Director of Karting for the Ontario Region. The second-generation active racer comes to the organization with a wealth of experience in motorsports, as well as previous experience on the board of multiple racing clubs, which will serve well for CASC-OR moving forward.
“After my stock car career, I got my kids involved racing karts and truly love the sport of karting,” said Fletcher, explaining why this position was of interest. “The friends/family involved in karting drives me to help grow this sport for everyone involved.”
The Ontario karting community will see Scott’s influence quickly implemented, with several new initiatives and social communication, some of which are in place.
“l would like to start off by saying it was a great privilege to be part of CASC-OR and as the Karting director over the past two years,” said Outgoing Director Robin Buck. “As a racing driver, we don’t often get a real chance to see how the ‘other side’ works. Being on the board of directors, I now have a totally new appreciation for all those wonderful people who work endlessly behind-the-scenes in so many areas so that race weekends can happen for all of ‘us’ drivers!”
“I’ve always believed Karting is the backbone of our racing community,” continued Buck. “It’s the grass roots starting point for so many of the best drivers in the world today. I know Scott feels the same way, but would also like to see the ‘fun’ and ‘family’ atmosphere in the Clubs and Tracks continue to improve and grow. He is a current Kart racer himself, plus his daughter and son are racers too. Scott recognizes the issues facing the Karters, clubs and tracks today. With his vision and willingness to want to help do what’s best for the Karting community in Ontario, Karting can and will move towards a healthier place for all involved. I wish Scott and the Karting community all the success in making it happen!”
Fletcher’s resume in racing spans more than 40 years, from Karts to Cars, from Clubs to NASCAR; CASC-OR Karting is in great hands.
CASC-OR Karting 2024 initiatives and responsibilities:
– www.casc.on.ca/karting will post all affiliated Clubs/Tracks Schedules.
– www.casc.on.ca/karting will introduce a provincial class ranking for all classes.
– CASC-OR Karting will introduce a weekly podcast.
– Sponsored classes that will receive prizes.
– CASC-OR Karting/ASN Members will have a member package.
– Provincial Contingency Program when sponsors come on board.
– CASC-OR Karting Instagram/X Page.
– Weekly Driver Spotlights posted on social media/web.
– Display at Motorama Custom Car & Motorsports Expo, March 8-10, along with Q/A period on stage.
– Continue with review and distribution of 4 and 2 Cycle Rules.
– Continue with Track Inspections.
– Provide Insurance through CASC-OR provider for affiliated clubs/tracks.
- By CASC-OR Karting