@CTMPOfficial • @IMSA • BOWMANVILLE, ON – (July 11, 2015) Wayne Taylor Racing driver Ricky Taylor won the pole for the Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix presented by Hawk Performance. He set the pace with a best lap time of 1:09.705.
Taylor will co-pilot the Konica Minolta Corvette Prototype with his brother Jordan. Burnaby, BC native Michael Valiante will start fourth in the Prototype class.Porsche North America driver Nick Tandy of the United Kingdom won the pole in the highly competitive Grand Touring Le Mans (GTLM) class, setting a track record in the process with a fast lap of 1:14.829. The factory pilot is joined by France’s Patrick Pilet in the #911 Porsche 911 RSR.
In Saturday’s feature race, the Continental SportsCar Challenge, Austin Cindric and co-driver Jade Buford were victorious in the Grand Sport class. Toronto’s Anthony Mantella and Mark Wilkins were fifth. In Street Tuner action, Americans Spencer Pumpelly and Luis Rodriguez Jr. finished atop the podium.
Other races held on Saturday included the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama, Cooper Tires Prototype Lites and the SCCA Pro Racing Battery Tender Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich.
In the U.S. based IMSA GT3 Cup, Elliott Skeer won the 34-lap race, with Jesse Lazare of Montreal finishing in third position.
Sunday’s schedule begins at 8 am with TUDOR Championship warm ups. The Mazda MX-5 Cup and IMSA Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge hold their second races of the weekend. The Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix presented by Hawk Performance, TUDOR United SportsCar Championship race gets underway at 12:05 pm ET.
For further information: Ryan Chalmers/ email@example.com 800-866-1072 (office) (905) 260-1711 (cell)
BOWMANVILLE, Ontario, Canada (AP) – Qualifying for Sunday’s IMSA TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix presented by Hawk Performance at the 2.459-mile, 10-turn Canadian Tire Motorsport Park circuit starting position, car number (in parentheses), driver, car and speed in miles per hour.
1. (10) Ricky Taylor, Corvette DP, 126.998 mph.
2. (5) Christian Fittipaldi, Corvette DP, 126.709.
3. (01) Scott Pruett, Riley DP Ford EcoBoost, 126.214.
4. (90) Michael Valiante, Corvette DP, 125.746.
5. (31) Eric Curran, Corvette DP, 125.552.
6. (60) John Pew, Ligier JS P2 Honda HPD, 125.166.
7. (0) Katherine Legge, DeltaWing DWC13 Elan, 124.199.
8. (07) Tom Long, Mazda, 121.885.
9. y-(38) James French, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 121.821.
10. (11) Chris Cumming, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 121.768.
11. (54) Jon Bennett, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 121.254.
12. (52) Mike Guasch, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 121.229.
13. (85) Mikhail Goikhberg, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 120.986.
14. (16) John Falb, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 120.901.
15. (8) Mirco Schultis, Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet, 118.891.
16. x-(911) Nick Tandy, Porsche 911 RSR, 118.302.
17. (25) Dirk Werner, BMW Z4 GTLM, 118.257.
18. (24) Lucas Luhr, BMW Z4 GTLM, 118.057.
19. (62) Pierre Kaffer, Ferrari F458 Italia, 117.565.
20. (3) Jan Magnussen, Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, 117.523.
21. (912) Jorg Bergmeister, Porsche 911 RSR, 117.428.
22. (4) Oliver Gavin, Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, 117.308.
23. (17) Bryan Sellers, Porsche 911 RSR, 117.182.
x-GT Le Mans class pole
y-PC class pole