Laperle took the starting grid in 13th, but picked up several spots following a large pile-up coming down to the initial green. The event was red flagged while pole-sitter Yannick Tremblay, Patrick Cliche, Marco Savoie and Daniel Descoste had to be separated from the inside wall. Laperle would take the green in the seventh spot on the rear bumper of David Michaud. The first 100 laps of the event saw an all out war between point leader Laperle and Michaud.
The two got to the point on lap seven and swapped the lead several times over the next 93 laps. Michaud seemed to have the edge running the high side and opened up a straight away lead after Laperle fell into the clutches of Déry during long green flag run. Laperle would get the advantage, however, on the lap 100 restart and build his own lead.
The defending Série ACT Castrol Champion seemed to have the race in hand until coming off of turn two on the 125th circuit, the center of his wheel broke nearly sending him into the wall. Déry took over the lead and fought off Trepanier for the win. With just eight cars on the lead lap, Laperle got back to third place over the final 25 laps. Michaud rebounded from a tire going soft to take fourth, while Donald Theetge, who received some front end damage in the first accident of the night, completed the top five. Jonathan Bouvrette, Patrick Hamel, Daniel Descoste, William Roberge and Karl Allard, who also received damage in the initial caution, completed the top ten.
The event saw 23 ACT Late Models take the grid. Eight cars completed the 150 lap distance with 17 cars on the track for the checkered flag. The event was completed in 1 hour, 22 minutes and 41 seconds, including a 15 minute red flag period. The red flag was the first of seven caution periods.
Déry has already earned his 4th annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 22. The event will be part of a three race Saturday on Cup weekend.
The top eleven Série ACT Castrol point men will head to Autodrome Chaudiere next Saturday, September 8 to face the top ACT US drivers in the annual Showdown at Chaudiere 200. The US ACT Tour will hold their 9th event of 2012 tomorrow, Sunday, September 2 with the 34th Annual Bond Auto Labor Day Classic at Thunder Road International Speedbowl in Barre, VT.
Montmagny 150 Unofficial Results
Serie ACT Castrol
Autodrome Montmagny – Montmagny, QC
Saturday, September 1, 2012
1. (15) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC 150 Laps
2. (9) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC 150 Laps
3. (13) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC 150 Laps
4. (6) David Michaud, St-An-des-Plns, QC 150 Laps
5. (10) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC 150 Laps
6. (4) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC 150 Laps
7. (8) Patrick Hamel, Sainte-Croix, QC 150 Laps
8. (11) Daniel Descoste, St. Joseph, QC 150 Laps
9. (19) William Roberge, Levis, QC 148 Laps
10. (12) Karl Allard, Saint-Felicien, QC 148 Laps
11. (16) Simon Roussin, Quebec, QC 148 Laps
12. (2) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacôme, QC 147 Laps
13. (22) Rejean Bissonnette, St-Adele, QC 147 Laps
14. (23) Jacques Poulin, East Broughton, QC 146 Laps
15. (18) Marc Beaudoin, St-Anne, QC 146 Laps
16. (17) #Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC 144 Laps
17. (7) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chry., QC 130 Laps
18. (5) #Etienne Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC 128 Laps
19. (21) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC 124 Laps
20. (14) Jonathan Desbiens, Levis, QC 116 Laps
21. (3) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC 99 Laps
22. (1) Yannick Tremblay, Chicoutimi, QC 0 Laps
23. (20) Marco Savoie, St-Lambert, QC 0 Laps
Lap Leaders: Gaetan Lauzier, 1-6; David Michaud, 7-11; Patrick Laperle, 12-51; Michaud, 52-58; Laperle, 59-60; Michaud, 61; Laperle, 62; Michaud, 63-100; Laperle, 101-123; Jean-Francois Dery, 124-150.
Time of Race: 1:22:41 (with 15:01 red flag)
Margin of Victory: 3.362 seconds
Cautions: 7 (Lap 0(red), 51, 57, 60, 99, 125, 126)
Heat Winners: Jonathan Bouvrette, Donald Theetge, Karl Allard