“The APC Summer Showdown is one of the biggest events of the season and with good reason,” explained track announcer John Houghton. “This is no exhibition race. The event showcases our local drivers racing on their home track against top-level super stars. Every competitor races hard to take the checkered flag in this exciting race which is always a highlight of the season.”
The event is being held in support of the London Health Sciences Foundation. Delaware Speedway will be donating a portion of the proceeds from each ticket to the APC Summer Showdown as well as the proceeds from the track’s 50/50 draw for the day to London Health Sciences Foundation. The winnings from the cars driven by the NASCAR Super Stars will be donated to the foundation and a number of local drivers including Jamie Cox (#22) of Dorchester, Matt Pritiko (#21) of London, and Jonathan Urlin (#4) of London will also be donating their prize money to the cause.
The event runs a high-risk of selling out. Only 6,000 tickets are available for public purchase for the race. The speedway is offering these tickets available for sale through its website with no service fees. There are also autograph session opportunities taking place in the afternoon leading up to the race at night. Fans can check the track’s website at www.delawarespeedway.com for complete details including spectator gate open times, race day events, autograph sessions, and ticket information.
Delaware Speedway is a half-mile paved oval stock-car track located minutes from London, ON, Canada. Since 1952, Delaware Speedway, the largest tourist destination in Middlesex County, has been the home to some of the best stock car racing in Canada. Its unique, natural, amphitheatre-like setting allows a family or group of friends to enjoy exciting, comfortable and affordable evening or afternoon of action at the track. For more information visit www.delawarespeedway.com.
- - Driver Biographies - -
• Age 32 from Emporia, Kansas
• Driver of the #15 Sprint Cup Series car for Waltrip Racing
• 233 Nascar Sprint Cup Series Starts
• 6 Sprint Cup Series Wins (Including this season’s Sonoma Road Course Race)
• 8 Nationwide Series Wins
• 3 Nascar Truck Series Wins
• 2008 Nascar Nationwide Series Champion
• Currently 10th in Nascar Sprint Cup Series points.
• Age 48 from Owensboro, Kentucky
• Two time winner of the Daytona 500 (2001, 2003)
• 766 Nascar Cup Series Starts over 27 years.
• Television commentator on Nascar Broadcasts.
• 28-year-old from Annapolis, Maryland
• Supercross and Motocross superstar.
• X-games competitor, 11-time gold medalist.
• Debuted in NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2011.
From John Houghton / Delaware Speedway