“It’s a track that brings back many great memories. In 2002, I won the race in Toronto. I remember quite a nice fight with Christopher Guerrieri. That year, we had won six of eight races with the Aim Autosport team,” says the enthused driver of the #47 Dodge WeatherTechCanada / Groupe Bellemare, who aims to repeat the same brilliant performance once again. “I would like to get back on a winning path,” he claims.
The NASCAR Canada series hasn’t been presented on this track since 2011, a year that saw Louis-Philippe Dumoulin cross the finish line in seventh place on an extremely limited budget. “It’s a similar track to that of the Trois-Rivières Grand Prix, and that’s very nice for us. Many blind turns where it’s hard to get a good point of reference. From there we can see the importance of having good braking points and making sure we make the right decisions for overtakes. There is very little room for error, as we’re racing within the city and between concrete walls. It’s a track we like a lot,” explains Louis Philippe Dumoulin, #47 WeatherTechCanada / Groupe Bellemare.
Come romp with us and rally against cancer!
Throughout the whole season, the Dumoulin Brothers are inviting fans present at any race of the NASCAR Pinty’s series to sign their car for the cause. Next fall, the Dumoulin Compétition team will become waiters for one night only for a happy hour meetup at the Carlito’s “Maison de débauche”, during which the trunks of both cars will be put up for an auction. All funds raised that night will be given in full to the Quebec Cancer Foundation.
Come see us on Friday the 15th and Saturday the 16th of July on the site of the Toronto Honda Indy.
- The weekend schedule can be found at http://hometracks.nascar.com/racedayschedule/nps-toronto-71616-schedule
- Follow the racehttp://hometracks.nascar.com/nps/race-central-live-toronto
- The race will be broadcastTSN (3 & 5) on Saturday July 23 at 2:30 p.m as well as on RDS.
"Passion – Performance – Partnerships"
WeatherTech Canada designs, develops and produces high quality, digitally custom fit automotive accessories; including FloorLiners, All-Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, TechLiners and No-Drill Mudflaps. Engineers use the newest technology available to measure the geometric complexity of the vehicle ensuring a constantly perfect fit.WeatherTech… Where Technology and All Weather Protection meet! www.weathertech.ca
Groupe Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare's innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
WEBSITES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Meet Louis-Philippe Dumoulin at www.weathertech.ca
- WeatherTechCanada: www.weathertech.ca/behindtech
- Groupe Bellemare: www.groupebellemare.com/
- Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières : www.gp3r.com
- Honda Indy Toronto : www.hondaindytoronto.com
- Aim Autosport : www.aimautosport.com
- Dumoulin Compétition: www.dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @DumoulinLP / @jf_dumoulin
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Summary – Highlights in Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s career
- In 2015, he finishes the NASCAR Pinty’s championship in fourth place (2 podiums and six top-5s in eleven events.)
- 2014 champion of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: 5 podiums and 2 victories, as well as 9 top-5s in eleven events. It is the first time that a team made up entirely of Quebecers wins this championship. (Prep. team: King Autosport, managed by Martin Roy).
- Won the Gilles Villeneuve Trophy in 2014 and 2001. This trophy symbolizes the fighting spirit and on-track excellence of a Quebec-native driver throughout the season that just ended. It is the first time that a recipient of the Trophy wins it twice throughout their career.
- Won, in 2013, the only Ontarian event to this day made up of an all-Quebecer podium (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – NCATS series);
- The only Canadian who climbed on the podium in 2012 during the prestigious event of the 12 hours of Sebring (2nd place - American Le Mans Series - GT3 Cup – WeatherTech Racing Team);
- Won the title of rookie of the year in 2011 in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series despite having only participated in 8 races out of 13 (scoring four top-10s and two top-5s);
- Crowned Canadian champion in Formula Ford 1600 in 2002;
- He still owns the record in Formule Ford 1600 for the highest amount of victories and pole positions in one season (2002).
Me Paul Corbeil, Certified Agent, PARAPHE sports-management, 819 696-2768 (voicemail)