WHAT: Global tire manufacturer and motorsports powerhouse Nexen Tire Motorsports is looking to sustain the momentum from two incredible series wins this weekend at Formula DRIFT Round 3: “Road to the Championship” Atlanta. Fredric Aasbo took the win in Round 1: Streets of Long Beach and Chris Forsberg topped the podium in Round 2: “Scorched” Orlando. Nexen driver and former series champ Aasbo also had a third-place podium finish in Orlando. All Nexen team drivers are outfitted with Nexen Ultra High Performance N’Fera SUR4G street-legal racing tires to help them grip curves and perform in all track conditions.
The 2018 Nexen Tire team roster highlights include:
· 2015 champion and 2017 second overall driver Fredric Aasbo smashed into the season with the all-new Rockstar Energy / Nexen Tire Toyota Corolla Hatchback and a first-round win in Long Beach and third-place podium finish in Orlando
· Three-time champion and recent Nexen addition Chris Forsberg (NOS Energy Drink / Nexen Tire) took first place in Orlando and looks to add a fourth championship to his impressive resume
· Prominent drivers Alec Hohnadell (Rain-X / Nexen Tire) and Jhonnattan Castro are returning to the track for a shot at this years’ championship
· 15-year Formula DRIFT veteran Kyle Mohan starts his 16th season on race-winning Nexen N’Fera SUR4G racing tires
· New Nexen drivers Ryan Tuerck (GUMOUT / Nexen Tire) and Kevin Lawrence (2017 Pro 2 Champion) look to make their marks on the track
· Dan Burkett rounds out the solid team
· All drivers rely on Nexen’s SUR4G tires – engineered with proprietary technology for superior grip, handling and weather performance on the street as well as on the track – from drifting to Autocross and time trial/time attack.
· All drivers will be available for interviews onsite both before and after the races
Spectators can enter the gates beginning at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, May 11. Open Practice runs from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., followed by a PRO2 official practice and qualifying run. On Saturday, May 12 the arena once again opens at 11:00 a.m. The qualifying round is at 6:15 p.m. and the event culminates at 10:00 p.m. Free parking is available at Road Atlanta.
WHERE: Road Atlanta, 5300 Winder Rd., Braselton, GA 30517
WHEN: Friday, May 11 – Saturday, May 12
About Nexen Tire:
Inspired by Nexen’s global family of drivers to engineer superior performing tires – from championship-winning Formula DRIFT drivers, rock-climbing off-road enthusiasts to everyday commuters – Nexen Tire utilizes proprietary technology and the highest quality standards in the industry to guarantee world-class products backed by unrivaled customer support for the life of each tire. As a worldwide leader in high-performance, passenger, SUV / light truck and winter offerings, the company is second-to-none in research, development and state-of-the-art manufacturing. And as part of a select group of tire manufacturers worldwide that are specified as standard fitment on original equipment vehicles, Nexen delivers premium products at a sensible price. Find out more about how Nexen has your back at nexentireusa.com – and join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. #WeGotYou #NexenTire #NexenRacing