@DIRTcarNE • @CornwalSpeedway • Cornwall, ON – The Sportsman and Pro-Stock divisions will have an important evening this coming Sunday as the DIRTcar Series will kick off at Cornwall Motor Speedway for both divisions. A full program is also on the schedule as Jiffy Auto Services will be the main sponsor.
@SuperDIRTcar • @
The top stars of the series will be on hand including eight-time and defending series champion Brett Hearn, three-time series champion Matt Sheppard, reigning Syracuse 200 winner Billy Dunn, "The Natural" Dale Planck, Jimmy Phelps and local favorite fresh off his first ever big block modified win Matt Billings will be among tour stars coming to the fast quarter mile.
The BOS's own crop of 358 Modified drivers will be on hand to challenge the big block invaders including Pat O'Brien, Danny O'Brien, Stephane Lafrance, Ryan Arbuthnot, Jordan McCreadie, Kyle Dingwall and Bobby Herrington among others.
This will be the seventh appearance for the big blocks at The BOS and five of the six previous races have been won by a big block, in 2010 Danny Johnson was the first driver to win a series race using a 358 modified. Other winners include Alan Johnson in 2006, Pat O'Brien in 2007, Billy Decker won the 2008 event. Brett Hearn won the series race here in 2009, rain was victorious in 2011 & 2012 and Billy Decker became the first two-time winner with a victory in last year's 1000 Islands RV Fall Nationals.
Gates open at 4, hot laps at 6 and the first heat will be set to roll at 7pm.
The BOS is on the web at: ww.wbrockvillespeedway.com.
From Paul Kirkland / BOS
SAN ANTONIO, TX (March 17, 2014) VP Racing Fuels today announced the extension of its sponsorship of World Racing Group's DIRTcar Racing sanction body through 2017.
BARBERVILLE, FL - The 2013 racing season has started off well for Lafrance Performance client Mario Clair, as he drove a solid race and scored a third place finish during the opening round of the Big Block Modified Super DIRTcar Series in the UNOH DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia Motorsports Park in Florida.
PORT COLBORNE, ONTARIO... The New Humberstone Speedway is anxiously awaiting the start of the 2013 racing season at the Port Colborne speedplant. With excitement and anticipation, Track management would like to officially announce that Humberstone is returning to Sunday nights in 2013 with racing starting at 6:00pm sharp.
After getting back to victory lane last week at Brockville Speedway, Danny O'Brien returned this week with a busy weekend schedule with races at Mohawk Raceway on Friday night, Brockville Speedway on Saturday night and a 100 lap Canadian Nationals Series race at Cornwall Motor Speedway on Sunday. In addition, Danny also took part in 1000 Islands RV Customer Appreciation Day Sales on Saturday afternoon in Gananoque.
- Late-Race Transmission Issues Remove Hathaway From Top-5 Finish At CTMP
- Gary Klutt Tallies 6th Place Finish In Return to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
- Gord Shepherd Battles to 7th Place Finish at Sunset Speedway
- Sean Cronan Breaks Though For Inaugural Win of 2014
- Anthony Dibello Clinches First Career Peterborough Speedway Championship
- Sean Cronan leads flag-to-flag en route to feature victory
- Eric Yorke finishes 11th in feature at Sunset Speedway
- Lisa DeLeeuw Finishes 23rd in Feature at Sunset Speedway
- Brian Love Makes Final Career Start on Saturday night
- Steve Love Falls Short of Qualifying for Feature
- Kevin Ward Jr. 'Young Stars Challenge' added to Ohsweken's Canadian Sprint Car Nationals